The National Catholic Committee on Scouting® has established the Emmett J. Doerr Memorial Distinguished Scout Scholarship to be awarded to five outstanding Catholic high school seniors who are Scouts in a BSA program and continuing their education in college. The requirements are listed in the Eligibility Requirements section on this page. Applications are due to the NCCS office by March 1 of each year.
- Five separate awards of $2000 each.
- The scholarship will be used to defray necessary costs of the awardee’s tuition, room or board.
- Be a practicing Catholic.
- Be a full time High-School Senior.
- Be a registered young man or woman actively involved with a Scout Troop, Varsity Scout Team or Venturing Crew.
- Held or is currently holding a leadership role in his or her unit.
- Earned the Ad Altare Dei or Pope Pius XII Religious Award.
- Earned the Eagle Scout or Silver Award.
- Provided service to his or her home parish (Altar Server, Lector, Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, staffing youth retreats, etc.)
- Held or is currently holding a leadership role in a school or community organization other than scouting.
- Submit an application with four (4) letters of recommendations. One letter each must come from a religious institution, Scouting Unit, School, and Community.